Friday, August 10, 2007

Sadness

Got the new compooter back today all "fixed". It rebooted itself within 30 seconds of me powering it on, and then suffered two terminal application crashes and one more self-reboot within the next hour. Interestingly, every single problem has occurred while the virus checker is doing is full system scan.

I can get the computer to crash in some way within 10 minutes of starting the scan. I wonder if I have a bad hard drive controller or a bad hard drive. The store root caused the problem to my old hard drive (from the old compooter) being flakey cuz after reboots it was sometimes there and sometimes not. The copied the data onto the new drive and removed the old. But the drive was never flakey on the old compooter. Hard drive controller is integrated on the motherboard, so if that's the problem, it means a new MB.

In other news, the new Blog of the Week doesn't seem to be posting any new material this week. I may have to award the title to the runner-up.

3 comments:

Nava said...

Haaaa - brings up so many memories...

Anonymous said...

that sux

Anonymous said...

August 8 was Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Night.