Sunday, September 23, 2007

CherkyB, The Moms

Today I am The Moms. Normally I get to be Himself, but today I have to be The Moms. See, The Mrs. has not been improving much in her battle with the deadly virus, whereas I am almost fully recovered despite having been infected more than a day later.

So today I am sequestered in the basement with The Childrens whilst The Mrs. spends the day in bed. This is a very difficult life, being The Moms, as it is so remarkably boring. I have made two meals and gone shopping once (to Big 5 Sporting Goods after one of our air hockey paddles broke as I was playing HannahC - we got new paddles and also a fish filleting board with a big clamp on it). Those were the highlights of the day.

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way I can sneak into the garage to sharpen my lawnmower blades. I like to do that whenever I'm bored.

I haven't mowed the lawn yet this weekend, and there is only about 4.5 hours of light left. I can take one child on the mower, but someone needs to watch the other. I'm very worried because the rules state that my lawn cannot be over 2" tall, and right now it is precisely 2.5", so I expect a call from the HOA president any minute.

OK, that last part isn't true. We're watching Over the Hedge, and it happened in that. But it is supposed to rain nearly every day for the rest of the week, so if I don't mow today, I won't be able to this week.

Shoot - I also need to go clean the hot tub filters. Better do that now.

Later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why are you peoples sick all the time?

Anonymous said...

MaxieC got it on Friday, before the Circus but after we bought non-refundable tickets that morning.

ellie said...

interesting adsense.