Friday, June 05, 2009

The Road-Weary Traveler

I got back home Friday after a major boondoggle for The Company. I am located here at the Fort TomCollins facility, but my next assignment is on a project largely located in my old Santa Clarabelle site, so I flew there Monday to meet some peoples. Except it's not all in Santa Clarabelle, so on Tuesday I flew up to the Hillsbrothers, Oregon site in the morning then back in the afternoon. Except we're getting some of the internal parts of the project from the ZenaFolsom, CA site, so I flew there Thursday morning and back Thursday afternoon. Finally, I flew home Friday.

Oddly enough, most of the trip turned out to be a big waste of time. Many of the people I was supposed to see decided at the last minute that they were too busy right now to meet with me. The guys in ZenaFolsom were very helpful, though.

While I was gone, The Mrs. took Jackie to the vet. They thought she had pneumonia and gave her a steriod shot plus a prescription for Cipro (you know - in case it was anthrax). She's seems to have largely recovered, though she is a bit weak still. Apparently, there was lots of nursing that went on while I was gone to try to get Jackie better.

My ankle really hurts. I was using the gas-powered weed whacker around a landscape rock bed today, and it fired a rock back at my ankle. Ow.

I bought a new suit today. The last suit I bought was for The Mrs's father's funeral over 10 years ago, and I'm a lot fatter now so it doesn't fit. I also got three shirts, three ties, and three decorative pocket hankies to go with it. This way, Ellie can get married three times before I have to recycle a look.

We're having rib eyes from Sam's club tonight. It's after 8pm, and there doesn't seem to be any sign of cooking going on, so I suppose I'll have to go check on that.

No comments: