Monday, December 14, 2009

Something Not to Do 21

Tonight was an odd night, as I ate dinner out with one of my old cohorts from Santa Clarabelle who was here to take my job away from me (don't fret - it's a crap job, and I have much better jobs lined up to replace it. As far as you know), plus, The Mrs. had a migraine today. It ended up that all of us had eaten before HannahC got out of gymnastics, but I sat with her while she ate dinner cuz I like to do that.

But it went badly.
HannahC: "Dah, this is something that Momma is going to talk to you about. But, well..."

Me, CherkyB: "Yeah?"

HannahC: "You see, Miss Mickey has this tarantula that she doesn't want anymore, and..."

Me, CherkyB: "No!"

HannahC: "But..."

Me, CherkyB: "Oh, Jesus Christ."
At this point, HannahC burst into tears. That, dear readers, is Something Not to Do.

Update: It has come to my attention that it is not clear to some of my readers what the "something not to do" was in this episode. It was actually a two-fer. First, as a parent, even if you are not particularly religious, you are not supposed to blaspheme in front of your childrens. Second, you're also supposed to be more gentle and not cause your childrens to burst into tears.

Though I suspect that females use the tears thing as a technique for manipulation more than as an expression of emotion.


[ previous ] [ next ]

5 comments:

Manly Lesbian said...

So enjoy your tanantula already.

ellie said...

why is is something not to do? who the hell wants that in their house? i hope it isn't there when we are there. the cockroaches are bad enough. i take it back--put that lock on the door.

Anonymous said...

tarantulas are kinda cute...
you could name her Tina the tarantula?
Or Tim the tarantula?
yes?

CherkyB said...

I installed the lock on the door a long time ago - right after Granny decided she was moving in with us.

Fat Moother aka Granny MooMoo said...

Hehe funny! I never decided I was mooooving in with you!