Thursday, June 10, 2010

CherkyB, Giver of Fatherly Advice

MaxieC: "Hey Dah, have you ever considered that every second that you live you"

Me, CherkyB [interrupting]: "Are one second closer to death?"

MaxieC: "Yeah. Exactly."

Me, CherkyB: "Yup. In fact, I'm pretty close to death."

The Mrs. [from the next room]: "Oh stop."

Me, CherkyB: "I'm probably halfway to death. Maybe closer. Hard to say exactly. Now, womens live longer than men by like 7 years, so Momma's not as close to death as I am despite her being older then I am."

MaxieC: "So I'll die sooner."

Me, CherkyB: "Well, not sooner than Momma. But you'll probably die sooner than your wife. That's why you should always marry a woman who is at least 7 years younger than you."

MaxieC: "Why?"

Me, CherkyB: "So that your wife doesn't live a really long time after you die. Hmmm...wait. That's backwards. You'd have to marry a woman 7 years older than you for that to work. Well, you should still make sure you marry a woman at least 7 years younger than you anyways."

MaxieC: "Oh. Ok, Dah."

5 comments:

CherkyB said...

In how many of your marriages were you at least 7 years younger than your husband?

Fat Moother said...

It was the other way around - I was at least 7 years older than most of my boyfriends.

CherkyB said...

Yeah. There you go.

Anonymous said...

Haven't you heard of the "half your age plus seven" rule.....

ellie said...

@Fat Moother--I thought it was 15?